Internet marketing is not just about selling your own products on your own websites. There are hundreds of ways to make good money with internet marketing, but the question is: how do you think of them? How do you implement them? And how do you minimize time and money wasted, not to mention scam artists offers?
For those new to internet marketing, here are three great ideas for getting started.
Affiliate marketing is simply promoting someone else’s product or service through your website, blog or article. You mention the product, provide a link to the product’s website, and if someone makes a purchase after clicking on your link, you receive a commission. An even more lucrative strategy that will make you stand out from other affiliates is to offer a “bonus,” such as an eBook of specific tips, if someone buys the product via your link.
Create Your Own Products
Create and sell your own products like eBooks or videos. This method is fairly cost-effective if you sell digital, not physical, products because you don’t store or ship anything – everything is done online. You can promote your products in several ways such as via your website, other websites (have affiliate marketers work for you) or through SEO (Search Engine Optimized) articles posted on the internet.
Market Offline Businesses Online
Most offline businesses still don’t understand the advantages of online marketing to increase sales. Having a snazzy-looking company website is not all it takes. Since this is an ongoing service, you can potentially make good money by servicing just a handful of good clients.
But even before you get started on internet marketing….
It is important to remember that a desperate mindset is not the way to succeed! As internet marketer James Schramko emphasizes, you make a lot of money by not focusing on money; focus instead on content and value and the belief that you can succeed.
- Think like an entrepreneur, not merely like a skilled worker. Delegate. Oversee. And take your business – and it is a business – seriously.
- Do the right things rather than do things right. Perfectionism can hold you back. Remember, you can always refine things later.
- You have to spend money to make money. This saying is a cliché for a reason! To succeed in business you must spend money on books, courses, domain names and promotion.
- Give as much as you need. Always offer the best service and the highest value to your clients or potential clients; it will come back to you tenfold.
- Find a mentor. Instead of stumbling around trying to figure things out for yourself, seek out a mentor and business coach. It doesn’t have to cost a lot.
In fact, coaching forums can be a terrific way to learn, ask questions, gather ideas and get feedback. The three business ideas I mentioned at the beginning are all discussed on an internet marketing private coaching forum created by world-renowned internet marketer James Schramko.
One key to keep in mind when looking for a coach and mentor: s/he should be very successful with their non-coaching business in an ongoing way in order for them to be worthy of your time, money and trust.
Find out more about one of the most valuable internet marketing coaching forums and get more ideas for successful business.